Here is a quick breakdown on how to get the firewall and the central management to communicate.
On the XG Firewall do the following:
- Navigate to the System (the little gear icon).
- Select Administration and then Central Management.
- Select to Enable Central Management
- For the IP Address / Domain enter the central management device IP.
- For Communication Details > set the Heartbeat Protocol > Https and Heartbeat Port to 443.
- Choose which synchronisation suits you best, to either pull device configuration or use the Firewall Manager to push the configuration.
Then Sophos firewall manager configuration is as follows:
- From Home navigate to Device Configuration and select Add Device
- Enter all Device Information and click Next
- Define Communication Mode and click Next
- Choose whether to update device firmware
- Configure Backups
- Select a template to Auto Configure Device and click Next
- The XG Firewall will now be communicating with the Sophos firewall manager.